Thursday, September 01, 2005

Busy cities suck...

When I woke up yesterday morning it was raining so I went back to bed instead of getting up to ride. So after work, in the whipping winds with gusts to 50kph I headed out to make up for it. Just went into High Park to ride the loop there and climb some hills. I really dislike riding at the end of the day. Way to many distractions. People and dogs not paying attention, way more traffic. I Definitely prefer the early morning hours, but this is getting tougher as we lose daylight hours.

Swam again this morning in the hot tub pool. The pool that I have come to love is closed for maintence, so I decided to try one close to my house. It is fine in emergencies, but full of slower old people and the water must be about 95 degrees. Oh well, after racing this weekend the off season begins and swimming may drop off for a while.

Excellent racing words of wisdom from my coach:

"Don’t fear the run. Let the first k be easy and get your running legs back. The ‘despair’ was only because of the situation on the run the last race. This race will be different. POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY from now to the end of the race! Visualize yourself during workouts being smooth and strong the whole time in the race."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home