Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Beginning of the week

Monday I decided to have a little Computrainer fun. I had designed a course called "Spiral of Death". It is basically just a course that is 12K long and spirals in on itself. It is totally flat. So I decided to ride it as a bit of a ramp test. I started at a crazy easy HR and every five minutes I shifted gears to up the intensity. Basically I just wanted to watch my HR and wattage and see how the two match up. At the end, you can see the finish line coming up so I made a sprint for the finish. Probably the only time I will ever see 300+ watts.

Last night I met up with the women I run with. This is race week, so the runs are dropping in duration. We did just under 50 minutes. Everyone is feeling a bit sluggish, so we will work on picking up the pace on Thursday to keep our legs fresh.

This morning I decided it was time to start going back to pilates now that the off season is here. So I went to a class at the gym at 7:30. It is led by an instructor that I often see giving private lessons on the pilates equipment. I really liked the way she interacted with her clients, so I knew that I would like her. The class was great. Challenging, but gentle. Despite having not practiced for quite a while I found it easy to remember many of the cues. Of course I am a bit weak from my lack of practice, so it will take some time to feel strong again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home