Monday, October 03, 2005

I've been terribly negligent...

Despite telling myself I was going to keep up to date on this thing, I have slacked off. The main reason is that I have started knitting again. When I start knitting I tend to let it take over my available free time. I think it is because I am impatient about the finished project. I know that it is supposed to BE something, and I want it to be what it is supposed to be.

Anyway, this is what I am working on:


I'm knitting it with variegated yarn that is very fall like. It is a Burgundy, forest green, dark tan combination. I am finished one of the sleeves and just moving onto the part that goes across your back.

In training news I am just starting to work towards hoping to run a half marathon in November. I'm just cycling on the weekends right now. Nice leisurely rides along the waterfront, nothing serious. So I'm running four days a week. A long run on the weekends, one day of speed work (kilometer repeats), on recovery run with my running group and one "moderate" pace run. I'm not currently doing any swimming which is OK with me. Swimming is the hardest thing in terms of logistics. Early morning pool times are best, but as it is getting darker and darker in the mornings it gets harder and harder to get out the door early. So I will let the swimming drop off for a while.

Not much else going on, except it appears that the CBC has reached a settlement in their lockout. This is a bit of a relief as I was really starting to dread the horrible music they were playing in the mornings and it would be nice to have something to knit by in the evenings. The agreement still must be ratified, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sweetpea-

Thanks for the suggestions on pants! You rock!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home