Thursday, October 13, 2005

Gale force winds...

On my speedy bike ride home last night (aided by a strong East wind) I decided it was way too windy to get in a decent run. So I made the decision to ditch it (or at least move it). So I went home, helped with dinner preparation, then spent the evening knitting in front of the television. Thursday is Veronica Mars night, and it didn't disappoint. What an exciting life that girl leads. Although I wonder why no one is suspicious that people around her keep dying.......Being murdered no less........

Anyway, so tonight is a workout at the track - mile repeats. My running group is coming with me, so I have designed some introductory track work for them this evening. They are going to run the 10K that is part of the half marathon I am doing. I am glad to see that they really like doing races/events. It certainly makes planning training for them a bit easier :)

This woman at my gym yesterday had on this amazing little poncho/capelet thing. It was short and kind of asymmetrical with a great funnel neck. She told me she knit it herself using a pattern from The Knit Cafe and that is was very easy. It is made from pretty chunky yarn, so it would knit up quickly. So I am going to have to head over there and pick up the pattern and get going. The Knit Cafe is like 10 minutes walk from my house and they have twice weekly Stitch n Bitch sessions. They are also going to be setting up a session where you can take any project that you are stuck on and get guidance from their knitting experts. So hopefully this weekend I can get over there and see what they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home