Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Alive and well...

I disappeared (virtually) at least for a while there. Life got busy. What has been happening in the past little while? Same old, same old pretty much. Some highlights, in no particular order:

  • rides have been getting steadily longer. I'm up to about 140K (~86 miles).
  • runs are also getting longer. Longest so far has been 24K (~15 miles)
  • I had a horrible race at the Ottawa Half Marathon. It was HOT. People were dropping by the side of the road.
  • I bought a Power Meter for my bike which I am really enjoying so far.
  • I rode with an online friend last weekend. Someone that I had never met in person. She was great company and a perfect match pace wise (or at least she didn't complain about me being too slow!).
World Cup Fever has truly hit our neighbourhood no. No sleeping for us for a while. Where I live we are surrounded by a Portuguese neighbourhood, the area they call 'Little Italy' and a very healthy and vibrant Brazilian community. So we are really in trouble no matter what happens! So last night when I went out to run they had one block of the street closed down as the Brazilians were out blowing whistles and having a party. Thankfully by the time I went to bed things seemed to have quieted down. This weekend both Portugal and Italy play. Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home