Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I will try and be diligent...

Last week I took a look at a blog I usually read and saw this. I do not know LeAnne. I have never met her, but I got to her blog through another woman's blog that I read. Turns out she is a knitting fiend and training for Ironman Canada. So I sent her an email suggesting we were some kind of blogging twins. So I was heart broken to read that her plans for Ironman Canada have come to such an abrupt end. But I am in awe of her positive attitude... not one little bit of complaining on her blog. So I know she is now living a little vicariously through me, so I will try to give her something to read while she rehabilitates at home!

So last week things looked like this:

Swim: 1900 yards
my usual pool was closed so I had to go to the pool that is 90 degrees. So just one session and it was mostly drill and technique work because one can not over exert themselves when swimming in a bathtub. It makes you feel gross)

Bike: 110 km
two sessions. Wednesday was 3 x 10 minute intervals, Saturday was a long ride on the IM New Zealand course on the Computrainer. I was much happier with the long ride this weekend than last. Last weekend I started out at 110 watts, and by the time I was half way I had to keep dropping the watts to keep my HR under my 145 limit. So I ended up with an average wattage of 104 and the second half of the ride was 6 minutes slower! So this week I pegged my watts at 105 and stayed there for 2:45. Worked out perfectly. A nice even pace (even if it feels too easy for the first 30 minutes) is way more rewarding than feeling like you have to keep slowing down at the end.

Run: 36 km
Three sessions. Tuesday I took the small group that I lead over to High Park to run the 8K Spring Run Off race course. This course has two great down hills and two pretty nasty uphills. So it was a good workout, and the woman that is running the 8K now has a better idea of what to expect. Thursday I did about 40 minutes with the group and then I did about 20 minutes of tempo work on my own. Sunday was long run day. I have been struggling a bit with the long run. It just doesn't seem to be getting any easier even though I have been running 18K pretty consistently for a few months. I am just working on finding a running groove rather than trying to be too much of a slave to the HR monitor. This run still felt a bit hard (or harder than it maybe should) but my pace was consistent, so no complaints.

So a pretty good week.

Today I was up at 5:30, out the door by 6:20 and at the pool at 6:50 only to find a sign saying they were extending their maintence closure. So I arrived at work a 7:10 (about two hours earlier than normal)... this is going to make it feel like one long day!

GOOD NEWS on the knitting front. I finished the sleeve of the banff sweater last night!!! It is done! The whole sweater is done! Now it just needs to be 'sewn' together and then the neck is worked on a circular needle at the end. I have never done this before, so I am hoping that my mom can show me when I am home for Easter dinner.

Work on the blanket continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home