Monday, February 06, 2006

Well, now I have a vest

Yes, I finished the front of the Banff sweater! It looks great and miracles of miracles it matches the back! So I cast on the first sleeve yesterday. Since the decorative decrease on the front and back (for the sleeves) had stitches that were purled through the back of the loop, I now know this to be possible. So when I worked the first row of the sleeve in ribbing I knit and purled into the backs of the stitches. Surprise! No holes! I wish i had done that for the front and back, but it is too late now. The holes aren't that big and are only on the purl stitches of the first row.

Had a reasonable full weekend of training. On Saturday I rode the computrainer for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I did a loop and a half of a course called "Coeur D'Alene triathlon". I don't think it has anything to do with the Coeur D'Alene Ironman, but I could be wrong. The course was made up of three decent sized hills with some nice downhill sections. On Sunday I ran 16K in some not-so-nice windy weather. But at least I got out there and got it done. Runs are getting progressively longer, next weekend the schedule calls for 18K. I'm hoping for some nice weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home