Friday, March 17, 2006

I Love Swim Fridays...

It seems that every swim on a Friday is a swim where I meet some goal that I have set for myself. The other week I took some serious time off my 1000 meter time trial. Today the main set of my swim was a 2000 meter swim at Ironman pace. So not an all out effort, just a comfortable, even, steady pace. I was hoping to finish in 40 minutes. That would mean that an average of 2:00 for every 100 meters. The 2:00/100 meters is kind of a goal of mine. I am used to swimming in pools that are 25 yards and 2:00 then felt like a bit of work, so 2:00 for 25 meters would be excellent. Well I finished the 2000 meters in 39:19, and every 100 meter split was under 2:00. Most of them were in 1:57. I was very excited. Excited enough to have some McDonalds breakfast! I'm feeling confident in my swimming these days. I'm not gaining any kind of crazy speed, but I am pleased with the pace that I am able to maintain and still feel really really comfortable. The goal for the Ironman is obviously to come out of the water feeling like you really did nothing at all.

Last night I finished up to the point on the sleeve where I need to start decreasing. I didn't have it in me to do any difficult purl-two-together-through-the-back-loop action, so I watched CSI rather than knit through it. I'll start on the decreases tonight or tomorrow.

I bailed on my two hour ride on Wednesday, so I might try and get that in tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I wanted to thank you for the comment on my blog the other day after my accident. I will be following your training now as you move forward to what once was my goal! I will be rooting you on from the stands and actually will be there in person in August with my father in law and uncle (and rest of family). Us three were going to be doing it, now down to two... You'll have to tell me more about yourself and how you got into triathlon.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home