Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My life got away on me...!

I got busy.

*insert any excuse here*

I was however using my spare time to knit, so there. I ready to start decreasing the sleeve for the sweater, which means only about 60 rows to go! I started a baby gift for a co-worker, but made some mistakes and tore out what I had. I was disheartened and haven't gone back to cast it on again, but would like to have done so by the weekend.

Training is still moving along. I'm being very consistent, not missing workouts, and as my coach tells me, "Even if I gave you a crappy plan, a crappy plan done consistently is still better than a great plan done inconsistently". But for the record my plan is great!

Last weekend in the freak warm weather I actually GOT OUTSIDE to ride! It was a small, much needed miracle and I enjoyed it. But it is back to the Computrainer for the next while at least.

Sunday I ran the annual St Patty's 5K. I have been running this race every year since 2000 (which was when I started running a bit more seriously). So it has been a great way to track my training progress, and a great way to start to get into the spring and summer racing series. I didn't have huge hopes for the race on the weekend. Given that I am training for an endurance event I haven't been doing any faster paced run work. But at the start line I just decided to let whatever happened happen. I had a great race. I felt strong and in control of my pace the entire time. Obviously a 5K is difficult, the pace and effort are high and you have to be prepared to be a little uncomfortable. But this still felt easy. I ended up crossing the finish in 23:30. I didn't even expect to break 24:00 so I was very pleased. It was a nice confidence boost.

Oh, in other news, I got a promotion at work. I am an admin assistant in the Industrial Relations department. I mostly give assistance to the management here, but also do work for the people that enforce our collective agreement. Well, I am about to become one of the enforcers. They are getting ready to fill my position, I will train the new person, and then onward and upward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home