Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Banff Sweater Disaster!

So I finally finished the Banff sweater this weekend. I had to go to the yarn store last week and buy a smaller needle to finish the neck but on Sunday I finally finished and all that was left was the binding off. The neck is 2 x 2 ribbing and I knew that I would need to maintain some of the give/elasticity. So I consulted my trusty book of techniques. There was an invisible bind of explained but it was for 1 x 1 ribbing and I couldn't see how I would get it to work with the modified 2 x 2 ribbing that I had. So I decided to go with the bind off I normally do which gives a firm edge, but keeps the selvage from being too tight. I bind off, I weave in the ends, I get excited and pull it over my head. The ONLY part that won't go over my head is the bound off edge! I was so disappointed. So now I have to find a way to pull it out and figure out a different technique.

Training last week went well. I didn't miss any workouts and had some tough ones that I managed to come through with flying colours. Wenesday I had a tough high(er) intensity ride (on the Computrainer) and then Thursday I had a higher intensity run. Saturday I was scheduled for 110km on the bike. It rained. I rode the Computrainer inside for 4 hours and 20 minutes. The first half was OK. I got off after 2:10 and mixed some more bottles to drink. But the second half was torture. I got off again to pee, and then I just started getting off out of boredom. I will be praying hard for good weather this weekend as I have 120km on the schedule. I ran 17.5km on Sunday. It was raining lightly, but I don't mind that so much when I'm running. Had a great run with a tailwind on the way back.

Totals for last week:
Swim: 5400 meters (two sessions)
Bike: 150km (two sessions)
Run: 40km (three sessions)
Total: 12 hours, 27 minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home