Monday, April 17, 2006

The good news coming out of Easter weekend is that the Banff sweater is on the verge of being finished! I was aiming to have all the pieces stitched together by Saturday so that I could take it home to my mom and she could show me how to pick up the stitches around the neck to add the turtleneck collar. Friday afternoon and evening, when we were at the boyfriend’s parent’s house I managed to get the final seams done and weave in the ends that weren’t related to the neckline. So the next day my mom got me started on the neck. It is knit in the round (which I am familiar with) but let me tell you, it is difficult to do when the thing attached to the circular needles is a sweater that feels like it weighs five pounds! I only have 22 more rounds to knit and then it will be finished. Hopefully I can take a picture (but we don’t have the digital camera anymore, since it actually was a Christmas gift for my parents!).

Easter weekend was full of visiting and two fabulous Easter meals. I ate way too much. Friday before we left I did a short 12K run in the rain. I was supposed to ride but I figured 1:15 in the rain running was better than 4+ hours on the bike in the rain. So I swapped the two workouts. Sunday I was up at 5:30 for a quick breakfast and out the door at 6:30 to ride 100K. I was going to try just going north from Mississauga up Mississauga Rd. This was actually pretty great until just north of Streetsville. After that it just gets scary with traffic and lanes exiting to the 401 and the 407. So unless I work at finding an alternate route (maybe going east a bit and then north again on a quieter road) I will have to stick to just going west towards Oakville. But I like the trip north because the terrain is more varied. The west route is just flat flat flat. I need more hill work on my rides. So I finished up with 99.4K. I had an optional swim on the schedule but none of the community pools were open on Easter Sunday.

Tonight is committed to grocery shopping!

Training Week in Review

Swim: one session - 2250 meters
Bike: two sessions - 139.5K
Run: three sessions - 29K
Total hours: 9:39

And for kicks, this time last year: 2900 meters, 75K, 26K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home