Thursday, April 06, 2006

a bit late on the week in review........

But here is what went down last week:

Swim: 1 session - 2000 meters
Bike: 2 sessions - 63K
Run: 4 sessions - 36K
6 hours, 54 minutes

One of the bike sessions and run sessions were combined into a brick workout (where you bike first and run right afterwards). I love brick workouts because I find running of the bike really easy. I love the fact that my legs are already warmed up and ready to go. So the brick workout was a 60 minute ride followed by a 30 minute run.

The pool that I use is still in some kind of perpetual state of closure. I am not exactly sure what is going on, but I am getting impatient. But I did manage to find a pool in the east end that is pretty decent. The water is a reasonable temperature and it wasn't crazy busy. But I will be glad when the other one opens up again.

This week I am racing a half marathon on Sunday. I haven't raced a half marathon since 2003. Last September I was a pace bunny for my beginners group that ran a half marathon, but that isn't the same as racing. My previous half marathon attempt in Ottawa in 2003 was a bit of a disaster. I paniced in the crowd at the start line and went out way too fast trying to get out of the crowd. So I crashed in the final half and was just disappointed that I didn't run a very well executed race. So this weekend I don't really have any time goals. It is just important to me to have a positive experience. Next month I will attempt Ottawa again and will think about setting a time goal for that one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the race? Hope it went well. I thought I was the only one who liked bricks.

Jim in MI.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home