Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some Milestones

Last week on Thursday I swam my first 3000 meter/3 kilometer straight swim set. Most weeks my swim is made up of shorter intervals with varying amounts of rest and I will swim a total of 2500-3200 meters in a session. But every couple of weeks I get a straight swim set. The 3000 was my longest yet and is about 800 meters less than what the full Ironman swim will be. It took me exactly one hour to swim the 3 kilometers, which was just about as long as I thought it would take.

This weekend I came very close to riding my first every century (100 miles) ride. I ended up being about half a mile short! But, close enough. I went from downtown Toronto north into Inglewood and close to Forks of the Credit. It was a nice ride, scenery was great and as I get more North I get to practice some hill climbing. This coming weekend I will try and do a similar route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home