Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bruised Fingers - Take Two

Last year I had my first blood lactate test done on my bike. The information was useful for setting the intensity of my long rides on the computrainer through the winter. So, I just had my first test of the winter done last night, and I have the bruised fingers to prove it. That needle may be small, but it leaves some marks.

My coach is the one that does the tests for me. He comes by my house and I do it on my own computrainer. He is using a different testing protocol this year, so unfortunately I may not be able to make a good comparison to the test from last year, but I will be able to make comparisons to subsequent tests this year. So this one is kind of like a bench mark test.

This week has still been about resting up a bit as I get ready for this half marathon on Sunday. Winter weather is definitely setting in, so I just have to hope for little to no snow and light winds. I can deal with the cold, but bad footing in the snow and crazy winds always make for a tough day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

Lake placid? Did you sign up for it last year? last I heard you were going to wait a couple of years before tackling an IM again. Oh, and I'm planning on the Peterborough half IM too, but my Dad is getting married on the 7th (luckily in Belleville), but I'm still not sure I'll be able to pull it off. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Laura

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home