Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Someone stole my kidneys!

From Training and ...


Remember those internet hoaxes where people were claiming that they woke up in a bathtub full of ice beside a note claiming someone had stolen their organs? Well, here's the proof!

Actually, this is what you get for overdressing for a half marathon. I had wind pants over top of running tights. My wind tights have an elastic waist and my water bottle belt was sitting on top of that I guess. So the elastic in the waistband appears to have removed a lot of the flesh from my back. Yes, it hurts. But not as much as it did when I got in the shower after the race.

The race was really great. Weather was perfect (resulting in me not believing it and overdressing) if a little windy and the course was along the quiet bike path in Mississauga. I was disappointed that I didn't come in under 2 hours in Niagara, so this was my chance to proof to myself that 2 hours should be possible for me. I came in at 1:58:09. About three minutes faster than Niagara and WAY more comfortable. I ran with one guy for almost the entire race and in the final 5K I remarked to him that this was the most relaxed I had ever felt in the final 5K of a half. Normally the final 5K is a real struggle. It wasn't easy, I was getting tired, but I felt calm and relaxed.

So, success. Time to get on with the Ironman training!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home