Monday, February 05, 2007

One should never be cocky...

So, last week I was off work for two days sick. I wasn't terrible, horrible, bed ridden sick, but I had a sore throat that was like I was swallowing a tennis ball that was coated in glass. So, I stayed home hoping that a) I wouldn't spread it to my co-workers and b) if I rested early I would ward it off. Well, Shayne got sick at the same time and he got taken down fast - sore throat, stuff nose, general congestion. By Friday I felt well enough to go back to work and I was pretty sure I had the thing beat. But, last night over my Sunday night pizza dinner I started getting the icky stuffy nose. Oh well, nothing some Tylenol Cold won't fix.

So training last week was kind of on hold. I ran on Tuesday night with my running group when I thought I just had a minor sore throat, but then I didn't do anything else until I got on the Computrainer on Saturday. I knew I was still fighting something because my heart rate while riding was higher than it should have been, so I just took it easy. Same thing on my long run on Sunday. Sunday was a real treat, about -17 (-27 with windchill). I bundled up and with the exception of a couple of minutes of cold fingers, I was actually OK. When I got home (despite having shorts over top of my running tights and wind pants on top of it all) my thighs and butt were cold and the skin was red. Hot shower never felt so good.

I ran early on Sunday (out the door by 8 am) as a friend was coming over to ride my Computrainer and I wanted to be there to help set her up. It was kind of wierd to be eating breakfast at 10 am and realizing that I had the whole day ahead of me with NOTHING to do! I got a bit of knitting done. I am working on this Something Red cardigan (which I am doing in a nice dark grey). It is my first top down sweater and I am LOVING it. It is amazing to see a sweater actually appear fully formed as you knit, and, as a short person, really great to get to try the thing on as you go along. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon. When I am done the body I have to pick up the sleeve stitches and knit the sleeves in the round. The last time I had to pick up stitches was for the neck of the Banff sweater and my mom did most of it, so it will take a bit of leanin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home