Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday, Monday...

Looks like fall is really setting in.

During yesterday's run it was about 10 degrees and the winds were gusting at about 55 kilometers per hour. Staying in the city meant the wind was often broken by the buildings. I went mostly west so the wind from the north was definitely dampened by the houses. I ran an easy 5K to warm up, then the next 5K I picked up the pace a little bit. At the 10K mark I did 4K at race pace and then cooled down. The batteries in my GPS died at about the 14K mark, so I really am not sure that I covered the whole 16K, but I was out for 1:30 which is good enough for me. Note to self, always charge batteries the day before the long run. Next week is a 20K long run which I just might do on my birthday!

I finished the shrug, but it was too small! But like a good knitter, I just ripped it out (about half way) and picked up again. This time, I measured the bell sleeve part and made a little diagram to figure out how long I need to knit before starting in on the bell sleeve part on the other side. So hopefully the second time is a charm. I also picked up the poncho pattern from The Knit Cafe. Really simple pattern, but I am little confused about the gauge. It says 12 stitches per inch, but knit on 12mm needles. But the yarn they recommend for the project does not take 12mm needles. So I am not sure if they are using such large needles for effect, or what. I am going to give them a call today and ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home