Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Goal Achieved!

Today was the first of the IM pace swims. Every couple of weeks I get an IM pace swim, that gradually gets longer as my training program progresses, and usually ends in one or two swims of the full IM swim distance of 2.4 miles. So today was 1500 yards. I had hoped to swim each 100 yards in 1:48 seconds, which, if all things were equal, would result in a 1:15 IM swim time. Well, I made it! Every 100 yard split except two were 1:48. The other two were just slightly faster. I felt like I was working, but I was comfortable and my stroke was relaxed. When I got back to swimming after a bit too much time off I thought I would never feel comfortable in the water again, but it seems like it is coming back to me.

I'm still fighting a cold, but I decided to get on the Computrainer last night and do the recovery spin that was on the schedule. It was just an easy 45 minutes. Nothing special. But the light sweat cleared some of my congestion.

While watching Corner Gas last night I saw an ad for a new episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, one of my favourite shows. I have had to give up watching it because it is on at the same time as Veronica Mars and well, Veronica always wins. But, a new episode was on Monday night. Shayne and I argued because I wanted to watch it, and he wanted to watch Heroes. Well, Shayne found our small second teevee (I thought we had gotten rid of it) and, for the ultimate form of luxury, set it up in the bedroom where I watched Law and Order tucked warmly in my bed. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think teevees have any place in the bedroom. But every once in a while the luxury is just too much to pass up, especially when suffering from a serious head cold.

I managed two more rows of the modified rib pattern on my cardigan. For some reason it just doesn't look like I am doing it right, but I don't think I have enough rows yet to make that decision.

Got a call out to my run group for this evening to see who is going to brave the 60kph winds tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger jwm said...

1500 on 1:48 100s. Nice. I'm still just hoping for easy and slow vs. hard and slow.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home