Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A day off...


Monday is usually a day off for me (from training, not from work). So to stretch my legs a little bit and for a change of pace I often walk to work. On the walk home I dropped into the Knit Cafe and asked some quick questions about the glorious Fiesta Poncho. And so I learned something new yesterday... Even though the yarn gauge/weight suggested for the pattern calls for smaller than 12mm needles, it is the larger needles that give it the drape (like a scarf). So I picked up some 12mm needles and started in on the poncho last night using this:

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=solo

I chose the Earth colour. It is quite soft and has a little bit of kind of a brushed feel. The 12mm needles make me feel like a toddler learning to eat with a fork and spoon for the first time. You just can't hold them the same way as "normal" needles. So I am going to have to split my time between finishing the shrug and working on the poncho.

Meeting my running group this evening for about 9K. It is cooling down quite a bit now and I think that I will need to spend my lunch hour today trying to hunt down a pair of 3/4 length running tights to get me through the fall. I have my eye on a pair of REALLY nice and REALLY expensive full length tights, but I would like to get out to the store in Markham and try them on, rather than take a chance on an internet order. So I will wait until I hear from them about what they have in stock. Then I will have to convince myself to drop that kind of cash on a pair of running tights........

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tell me where to send the pants and they're yours!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home