Thursday, November 24, 2005

First Serious Snowfall of Winter

I made it home last night on my bike before the snow started to fall. By the time I went to bed last night there was snow on every surface outside and this morning there was a good coating of it including a fair bit of ice and crustiness. So I walked into work this morning. This weekend I will swap out the slicks on my commuting bike for the fatter mountain bike tires with a bit better traction. Of course I will do that just in time for it to be 12 degrees at the beginning of next month. I swear, at this race the world is likely to explode in some kind of environment disaster before the year is up.

I rode my test session on the Computrainer last night as part of the winter Challenge I am participating in. I was faster than I had thought I would be, but am bringing up the very back of the pack with one of the slowest times compared to everyone else. I have no where to go but up, right? But the test gives you some valuable information that can help you determine training intensities for other types of training, so the torture is worth it for other reasons.

Will probably go out for a run with the group this evening, but have told them to take cover if the wind picks up. So we'll see what happens. I think I will run home from work at the end of the day to get in a bit of extra running time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home