Friday, October 28, 2005

Racing Bad News, Knitting Good News

Well, the bad news is that apparently the race in Markham was MUCH more of a hit than they expected. When I went to register this week the online registration tool told me that they had closed registration early due to overwhelming response. This is their first year running this half marathon and 10K and so I am glad that it is going to be so well attended. And while I am disappointed that I will not be able to race I am also really happy to see race directors willing to close their registration rather than try to make some extra money cramming too many people onto a race course. This guarantees that the people that did manage to register will have the best possible race experience. So I'm hunting around for some other fall running possibilities since no one really likes to waste their training!

My knitting projects are clipping along. I spend my free time during the week working on the poncho (it requires zero concentration since it is just straight garter stitch with no increase or decrease) and the weekends working on finishing up the shrug. I just might get it finished (or very close!) this weekend. The poncho is looking good. The yarn is a nice brown with some flecks of berry and turquoise. It is very light (since it is acrylic) but seems really warm. After this I hope to move onto a funnel neck sleeveless number that I have had my eye on.

I am also having my first 'dinner party' this evening. I am not a very social person. I socialize at work, but once I am home I am a bit of a hermit. So I'm trying to change that a bit. So I am having a two friends over for dinner. I'm making some sweet potato biscuits and roasted veggies to start. The main course will be sweet potato black bean burritos. It's a prepare-for-winter kind of thing with all the starch :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theoretically they have to set up the course ahead of time. Just start your run about 3 hours early so that you're ahead of security and registration...

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home