Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Two Finished Projects!

Well, part of operation-do-nothing meant I had some spare time to knit. So this weekend I managed to finish both projects I had going. I finished the poncho first and it turned out great! It is very light (in weight), but quite lofty and warm. I was worried that it seemed a bit big (which meant the neck opening was big), but it just meant that I could fold the neck down like a turtle neck. It actually makes the piece look nicer, and a bit dressier. I'd be tempted to make another one of these in another colour. I was also surprised that I did a decent job on the seam. I thought it might be 'stretchy' because the knitting is pretty loose. But it looks nice and firm. Then I finished the shrug. I had previously torn some of this out because it was too small (as made per the pattern). But using some grade nine algebra I managed to use my arm span measurements, and measurements of what I had already done, to figure out how to get it to fit, and it worked. So I sewed the sleeves together on Sunday and it was finished. Both projects have gotten good reviews at the office. Although the bell sleeved shrug makes me feel a little bit like a wizard :)

Back to a light training schedule this week. I will run with my running group on Tuesday and Thursday and then a run on my own on the weekend. I am doing the 'test' ride on the computrainer this week for the computrainer challenge that I am participating in. It is basically an online competition of people riding the same courses on the computrainers. The test is supposed to be a time trial, so ridden as hard as possible. Should be interesting. I am looking forward to having something to compare my progress to over the winter.

The other neat thing about the computrainer is now my coach can tell me which courses to ride for different training rides. Takes the guess work out of what kind of 'terrain' to ride. This weekend I get to do a few loops of Central Park.

Last week I also went to check out my chiropractor/ART practioner's new office. He opened his own business with some other health care providers. It is a great office. They are offering personal training, sports medicine, massage, chiropractics, spinning... etc. If you are in the GTA and looking for someone for this kind of thing his new website is at The Urban Athlete. The website content isn't up yet, but the location and phone number are there. I can't say enough this chiropractor (Dr. Jardine). His holistic approach to injury treatment includes not only soft tissue manipulation, but exercise prescription as well (various strength training suggestions). Most of the exercises he prescribed for me were ones that he 'invented' himself to specifically address my issues. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home