Monday, December 05, 2005

Busy Weekend...

I think I was out of the house more this weekend than I was for all of November combined... and what that really says is I guess I am not a very social person...

Friday night Shayne gave me one of my Christmas presents early and took me to see Sarah Harmer at Harbourfront. The show was amazing. It was just her and her acoustic band (mandolin, banjo, violin, accordion, piano...). She played a good variety of stuff from her past three albums as well as some cover tunes. She has been touring the area to raise money and awareness for a Niagara Escarpment cause, trying to stop development in an area where her parents also have a farm.

Saturday night we went to see the new Harry Potter film. We had been putting of going for the past few weekends, waiting for the crowds to die down and just out of laziness really. But I am glad we managed to go and see it on the big screen. The scenes/settings were just amazing, especially the World Quiddich cup stadium and the Triwizard tournament settings. The teenage angst that is all pervasive in the book has been toned down just enough to be heartbreaking (but without the whinging that I found annoying in the book). So it was well worth the almost $12.00 (!!!!!!!!) to get in.

Training wise, Saturday I rode the CompuTrainer for 1:30. I did the first 36K of the Ironman Canada course. Pretty uneventful. Sunday I did a 10K that was actually quicker than I thought it would be. So that was a nice surprise.

Knitting wise I didn't accomplish much. I am knitting another umbilical cord hat (although I don't know for whom, mostly just to use up some yarn I have laying around). I am working on the back (or front, whichever, they are both the same) of the funnel necked sleeveless shell. So maybe I will be ready to piece that together by the end of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home