Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Stood Up

Well, I managed to get to the pool this morning and in the water by 6:25 AM. My coach usually swims for 30 minutes on Wednesday morning and then goes to a Yoga class at 7:00. So the plan was to possibly meet up there. Well, he was a no show (not that we had firm plans or anything) but I did manage to do an easy 1000 yards and then head up to this yoga class. The instructor said it was a "soft" class, but if that was a soft class, I fear I am not ready for his not-soft-class.

I ran last night for just under an hour with the group that I lead. One of the participants has been wearing an older heart rate monitor of mine and we have been running based on her effort level, trying to build some base mileage at an easy pace. I have to say that it is amazing how quickly improvement happens. We now only take maybe 5 walk breaks to keep the heart rate down, and our pace is decreasing. So that is exciting. It was pretty chilly last night, but we all warmed up pretty quickly, except my fast was cold. I need to dig out the balaclava. I think starting Thursday we will start trying to do some hill work.

Tonight I am scheduled to do the Computrainer challenge ride. We are into the 'zone 3 rides' now (which are supposed to be a bit tougher than the earlier rides). We rode the second test ride a few weeks back and my power increased and my HR was down (which means improvement!). But the funny thing is that while the zone 3 rides are supposed to be harder than the earlier set of rides, because my HR went down on the second test, my goal heart rate for the zone 3 rides is now only about 5 beats higher than the previous earlier rides. Kind of strange.

Didn't get any knitting done last night. Since I increased my stitches the other day I just aim to do at least two rows a night. So hopefully I can get at least that in tonight after my ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home