Monday, February 19, 2007

My Week in Review

Not a bad week. No missed workouts, but a few that were a struggle.

11 hours, 51 minutes of training

Monday
Walk to work
18k recovery spin on the computrainer

Tuesday
AM - 1900 yard swim - a tough main set of fast 100s
PM - 9.4 km treadmill run with 5 x 3 minute cruise intervals with 2 minute recoveries

Wednesday
AM - 1500 yard easy swim and 45 minute yoga class
PM - 37 km computrainer ride - 8 km warm up, 24 km zone 3 ride, 5km cool down

Thursday
AM - 2250 yard swim with a main set of 3 x 500 at t-pace which felt tough
PM - 6.74 km easy run

Friday
PM - 6.9 km run home from work. Felt BRUTAL

Saturday
80 km ride on the computrainer - just over three hours

Sunday
12 km taper long run with the final 5k at half marathon pace

Totals
Swim - 5650 yards
Bike - 135 km
Run - 35 km

When I did my long ride on Sunday I listened to a book on my iPod. It actually seemed to help the time go by much more quickly and pleasantly than just music. Sure, I zoned out a few times but I was listening to a non-fiction book so it wasn't such a big deal. I listened to half on that ride, and I can listen to the other half next time.

This week looks pretty much like last, but with a little less running as I plan on running the half marathon in Peterborough this weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do X-train. that's great and that's what is usually recommended. I only bike though :(
I tried to jog but after 15 min I get sore legs.
Cheers.
www.cyclingcitizen.blogspot.com

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home