Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Taxes and coffee...

Decided not to go to yoga class this morning. The class often leaves me stiff and sore well into the weekend and I don't think I want to be running a half marathon with lingering yoga stiffness. You would think that would mean I would sleep in, but no, I was wide awake at 5:15 this morning so I decided what better way to spend my morning than in front of my computer with a cup of coffee and my tax documents. Yippee. But I got my T4 entered and some other documents. Now I just have to wait for the RRSP statement from my plan from work. If you haven't made any charitable donations, now is the time. Mine meant the difference between getting about 25$ back and getting over 100$ back! Looking for someone or somewhere to donate to, you could donate to my Ironman Lake Placid fundraising efforts!

Today is also the start of Lent. I'm not Catholic. I'm not even a lapsed Catholic. But my best friend went to Cathloic school if that counts. But, since the whole idea of mindful sacrifice is kind of an interesting idea, I figured I would give a non-religious go. So I have decided that I will give up take-out beverages (read: coffee). Strangely enough, my friend Jon informed me this morning that was exactly the same thing he was doing! So no Starbucks (not even on laundry day!), no Tim Hortons, no nothing. Although Jon informed me that you can indulge in what yu are giving up on Sundays because Sunday is a feast day. So maybe something to celebrate on Sunday post half-marathon.

So, the only thing between me and the couch right now is a Computrainer ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home